Monday, September 17, 2012

Day 2...

Yesterday was really difficult to watch Colin grieve for everything he's known for the past 2 years of his life. This mama's heart ached for him. Yet we know the grieving is what he needs to move on with us. He has the sweetest smile!!!
Kati was a little overwhelmed by everything that went on yesterday. We tried to explain to her why he was crying so much? Kati is in LOVE with her little brother! She's watching Happy Feet on IPAD with him.







Colin slept from 6:30pm to 7:30am, he woke up twice during the night and whimpered just a little. I woke up at 2:00am. Laid in bed listening to him breath and thanking God for our sweet boy! Praying that today would be a better day for Colin.
He let me clip his fingernails/toenails, they were full of dirt. We were able to give him a bath this morning, he cried just a little until he realized it was fun with the bath toys. We went down for breakfast and he LOVED everything!! We have a free day today, going to stay inside and play! He's doing much better today!!
Please continue to pray with us as he grieves and we bond...

Thank you
Dan, Lori, Kati & Colin

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying, Lori! Great idea to just stay inside, play and get to know each other! Kati looks and sounds as if she will be a great big sister!
Love and prayers for you all,
holly:)

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

So thankful to hear things are going pretty well. Eating is great and staying in will be awesome! Love him good. ;o

Unknown said...

Bless his heart!!!! My heart aches for him as well..... LOVE the way he's looking at Kati in this picture --- they will laugh at that one in the years to come! ha!!! Stay strong. Prayers for you all.

Unknown said...

Lori, make sure you are trying to rest when he rests. Keeping up with two little ones will require a lot of energy and more food than just white rice. Take care of yourself.

CJD said...

Dan, Lori, Kati & Colin: I'm so happy for all of you! Love being able to follow along on your trip! And yes Dan, the blog is making me cry every time I read it!!! Congratulations!! C. Dillner

Stacey said...

AMEN!!! PRAISE GOD!!! I am so happy to hear this good news! Doing a happy dance here in WI! (But quietly 'cause the rest of the family is still asleep!) The picture of your two precious children is wonderful! I love how C. is looking at K.! Wow! I am so happy for you! (Makes me want to go back!) :)

Paige said...

I love Kati'svsweet smile with him looking at her!! Prayers for your sweet family!

jennifer said...

I'm so happy to hear that he is doing better!! That transformation is always amazing to watch! What a sweet big sister Kati must be...she will help him so much!! Praying for you all!!!
jen

Unknown said...

Erika pointed us to your blog. Hope it all continues to get better each moment! We'll be headed to Hebei in about a month for our 4.5 yo with microtia.

Steffie B. said...

Each day will get better.......I always say that you just need to get through these two weeks and get them home. Everything is going as good as it could be my friend. Praying for health, peace of mind and strength on your journey. I remember so many converations with you about this.....and here you are......my heart is overflowing with joy for you Lori.....xoxo

Lori said...

Stefanie, your post of encouragement is just what I needed this
morning. Thank you sweet friend!!

Brooke said...

Grieving is good, as hard as it is in the moment. Oh I am so happy for you and I am sure Kati is the best sister!

3 Peanuts said...

I love how Colin is looking up here at Kati...simply adorable. Lori, I wish I could offer words of wisdom but I don;t have them except that I know things will get better. And you have my heartfelt prayers. Big hugs,
Kim

Post a Comment

 
© Amazing Love